Sunday, November 7, 2010

For the love of the game

For as long as I've been playing Xbox I've never loved a game as much as I love Assassin's Creed. I bought the first game years ago, first an old Friend was obsessed with it, before I ever started playing it, playing it every day for an entire weekend. I wasn't such a fan of that first game, but I did like to run around and kill people, rather than do the missions and investigations.

Now with the second instalment of the game I play it everyday for several hours and I've finished the entire game 3 times. A great improvement on the first one, it operates much better and the missions aren't as  repetitive, more fighting styles, weapons and moves, the whole game just flows with a good story line and a great new main character. Ezio, the descendant of the first games main character, is flung into a world of violence and conspiracy's that he's never heard of before, Templar's versus Assassins. Bringing down his enemy's with swift and stealth, he grows from being a young 17 year old noble man, into a master assassin, leaving a wake of dead Templar's behind him.

Now in 8 days, 6 if the game store was telling me the truth, the next game is supposed to come out, Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood. I've been researching, watching videos, checking with game stores what day they get it, and becoming as obsessed with the game as much as I am with the current game.


In Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, you still play as Ezio, older stronger, more skilled, and wiser, he has become the leader of the assassins order. Ezio's villa in his town is attacked by the son, and general, of the pope, and every thing you worked for in the previous game is demolished and destroyed. You fight a loosing battle for your villa, and thus you take the fight to the heart of the Templar power, Rome. As the leader of the assassins, you get to recruit new assassins, bring down watch towers and bring the renaissance to Rome.

I need this game, so much that I dream about it sometimes and watch videos all day. If ever there was an addiction to gaming, I think every addict will be playing this game all day!

Just had to get that off my chest :)

No comments:

Post a Comment